Tuesday, July 31, 2007

retirement announcement july 12

After several false starts I'm finally retiring July 26th 2007.

I cannot remember all the dates I may have told various people.

I think the earliest I considered was July 2005. Then I changed it

To December 2005, then April 2006 and again to July 2006. I got involved

With some interesting work projects and decided to postpone till December 2006

But then was persuaded to work on another project so I finally drew a line in

The sand and July 26th is my last day. It turns out there is no end

To new projects and like my mother used to tell me a day's work is never

Done.

I'm winding down now, trying to clean up my office files. I went thru my email

And found there are several people I had not communicated with in some time.

So you may be one of those people.

I've been told the best thing about retirement is waking up and not having to go

To work so I plan on doing that several times a day.

I hope to do some traveling so if you are unable to be here and help me celebrate
Maybe I will show up in your town and we can celebrate there.

Hope to see you , Art Dunbar

No comments: